The second installment in this series featured Yodit Feseha, ESR 2, who is based at the University of Nantes, France. Yodit, originally from London UK is researching Trib1-mediated control of Treg function and its role in maintaining adipose tissue health.
1) What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
My family and perhaps coffee too.
2) What do you like best about working in the TRAIN programme?
The Members – it is extremely valuable that my experience/knowledge gained during this programme is boosted not just from my PhD Project but also from the whole TRAIN network.
3) Where/when are you happiest?
When I am in a new place.
4) What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Honestly, I think…, Great/Awesome.
5) What’s your favourite drink?
Coffee or beer, it depends on the time of the day.
6) What was the last concert/gig you attended?
Kendrick Lamar in London
7) Dog, cat or other?
Plants.. I consider my indoor cactus plants as my pets.
8) Best place you have visited?
Mount Huashan, Xi’an.
9) Worst place you have ever visited?
I have like every place I have visited, the trick is not to stay too long.
10) Best thing about where you live?
The city of Nantes – it’s truly beautiful and it has the best balance between busy and quiet cities.
11) Best thing about where you work?
The members of the department- it is a combination of several teams so whenever you have a question guaranteed you’ll find someone who has the answers.
12) What would be the title of your autobiography?
I think I am not ready to name my autobiography.
13) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To play an instrument like the piano.
14) What is your most hated chore?
15) What three things could the world do without?
Stereotypes, Plastics, Fossil fuels.
16) Science is great because…..?
It’s the best method we have in unraveling the mysteries of the universe.
17) What is the closest thing to real magic you have seen?
I am constantly using cell sorter but I still find Single Cell Sorting, MAGICAL!!
18) What film/movie do you never tire of watching?
I prefer not to watch movies so I don’t repeat any even if I liked it.
19) What is the most useful skill you’ve gained so far in your PhD project?
20) What scares you?
Living dormant or settling.