The fourth installment in this series features Swapna Satam, ESR 7, who is based at the Helmholzt Institute, Munich. Swapna, originally from Mumbai, India is researching Remote and local control of tumour microenvironment & metabolism through adipocyte Trib-expression’
1) What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
2) What do you like best about working in the TRAIN programme?
Everyone is so collaborative and enthusiastic
3) Where/when are you happiest?
4) What are your three most overused words/phrases?
5) What’s your favourite drink?
6) What was the last concert/gig you attended?
It’s been so long I can’t remember
7) Dog, cat or other?
Cat person forever
8) Best place you have visited?
9) Worst place you have ever visited?
There are a few, but I can’t say which was the worst.
10) Best thing about where you live?
Munich is a really beautiful city and in the centre of Europe for travelling 😀
11) Best thing about where you work?
Good working environment and infrastructure
12) What would be the title of your autobiography?
The Cat Biologist
13) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
First, I think I will start with driving lessons…
14) What is your most hated chore?
15) What three things could the world do without?
16) Science is great because…..?
It is never-ending and that what makes it so interesting; every time you discover something you always have a long way to go
17) What is the closest thing to real magic you have seen?
When experiments work!
18) What film/movie do you never tire of watching?
Home Alone on Christmas
19) What is the most useful skill you’ve gained so far in your PhD project?
Patience and Perseverance
20) What scares you?